The following is a sampling of Peg City Grub's most sought after culinary categories:
For a pdf version of the below please click here
And please note: This does not include the hundreds of amazing Vietnamese restaurants in the West End.
- Yujiro - sushi /izakaya / ramen (1822 Grant Avenue)
- Izakaya Edokko (190 Smith Street)
- Fusian Experience (612 Academy Road)
- Maque (909 Dorchester Avenue)
- Noodle Express (180 King Street)
- Pho Hoang (794 Sargent Avenue)
Breakfast and Brunch
When bacon, eggs and toast won’t do, these spots take the most-important meal of the day to the next level.
- Clementine (123 Princess Street)
- Falafel Place (1101 Corydon Avenue)
- Marion Street Eatery (393 Marion Street)
- Stella’s (multiple locations)
- The Tallest Poppy (103 Sherbrook Street)
Every neighbourhood has a trendy third wave coffee shop where hip staff will brew you the perfect cup.
- Café Postal (202 Provencher Boulevard)
- Fools + Horses (379 Broadway + The Forks)
- Forth (171 McDermot Avenue)
- MAKE Coffee + Stuff (751 Corydon Avenue)
- Parlour Coffee (468 Main Street)
- Thom Bargen Coffee & Tea (250 Kennedy Street & 64 Sherbrook Street)
Where sandwich making has become an art form.
- King + Bannatyne (100 King Street)
- Miss Browns (288 William Avenue)
- Nick’s on Broadway (287 Broadway)
- Sherbrook Street Delicatessen(102 Sherbrook Street)
Whether you are looking for local grass fed beef, or a famed Winnipeg Fat Boy, The Peg takes its burgers seriously.
- Boon Burger (multiple locations - vegan)
- Dairi-Wip Drive-In (383 Marion Street – Fat Boys)
- Mrs. Mike’s (286 Tache Avenue – Fat Boys)
- Nuburger (multiple locations – local, ethical meats)
- V.J.’s Drive Inn (170 Main Street – Fat Boys)
The perfect spots to pick up something before heading out for a summer picnic.
- Baraka Pita Bakery (1783 Main Street)
- BMC Market - Taqueria (722 Osborne Street)
- Beet Happening (818 Notre Dame Avenue)
- Chosabi (100 King St & 2696 Pembina Highway)
- Shawarma Khan (225 McDermont Avenue)
The best way to get the real feel of a city is to do some people watching from a sunny patio.
- Bar Italia (737 Corydon Avenue)
- Chaise Café (271 Provencher Boulevard)
- Cibo’s Waterfront Café (399 Waterfront Drive)
- 529 Wellington (529 Wellington Crescent)
- Tavern United (260 Hargrave Street – rooftop)
- Rudy's Eat & Drink (375 Graham Avenue)
A little something for everyone.
- Capital Grill (3116 Roblin Boulevard)
- The Cornerstone Bar & Restaurant(93 Osborne Street)
- Feast Café Bistro (587 Ellice Avenue)
- Pizzeria Gusto (404 Academy Road)
- Promenade Cafe and Wine (130 Provencher Boulevard)
- The Grove (164 Stafford Street)
- Harth Mozza & Wine Bar (980 St. Anne's Road)
Small Plates / Tapas
These chef-driven rooms have all received heaps of national acclaim.
- Cordova (93 Albert Street)
- deer + almond (85 Princess Street)
- Enoteca (1670 Corydon Avenue)
- Segovia (484 Stradbrook Avenue)
Sweets & Pastries
From bean to bar chocolates, to Instagram-worthy bakeries, Winnipeg has your sweet tooth covered.
- Aschenti Cocoa (782 Corydon Avenue)
- Baked Expectations (161 Osborne Street)
- Chocolatier Constance Popp (180 Provencher Boulevard)
- La Belle Baguette (248 De La Cathédrale Avenue)
- L’Epi de Blé (1757 Main Street)
- Jenna Rae Cakes (580 Academy Road)
- Tall Grass Prairie (The Forks & 859 Westminster Avenue)
Ice Cream / Gelato
During Winnipeg’s hot summers a sweet cool-down is always in order.
- Bridge Drive-In (766 Jubilee Avenue)
- Eva’s Gelato (1001 Corydon Avenue)
- Nucci’s Gelati (643 Corydon Avenue)
- Sargent Sundae (2053 Portage Avenue)
Winnipeg’s microbrewery scene now has so much to pour over (or should we say pour from?)
- Barn Hammer Brewing (595 Wall Street)
- Little Brown Jug Brewing Company (336 William Avenue)
- Torque Brewing (830 King Edward Street)
- The Common at The Forks Market (for a fine selection of local beers)
Because we could all use a nightcap.