Royal Canadian Mint
520 Lagimodiere Boulevard
Winnipeg, MB R2J 3E7
Toll free: 1-877-974-6468
The Royal Canadian Mint’s Winnipeg location is a world leader in circulation coin design and innovation. Established in 1976 as a high-tech, high-volume manufacturing facility, every single Canadian circulation coin is produced here, as well as circulation coins for countries around the world.
Our 45 minute tours are fun, educational and perfect for all ages. Every tour is personally lead by one of our knowledgeable guides who will walk you through the production process, offer insights on our major milestones and entertain you with unique stories about the Mint.
Our boutique offers a wide range of beautiful coins, and commemorative circulation sets. We also offer Mint branded items and Canadian themed souvenirs that are perfect keepsakes to remember your visit.
Date: Monday to Saturday (Summer)
Tuesday to Saturday (Winter/Spring)
Duration: 45 minutes
Time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
$8 for adults
$7 for seniors
$4.50 for children (ages 5-17)
Children 4 and under free
$20 Family (2 adults, 2 children)
Taxes not included
Reservations are strongly recommended.
Covid-19 special operating procedures:
- Before your visit to the Royal Canadian Mint, please complete Manitoba's COVID-19 online screening tool to assess whether you are healthy. If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, please schedule your visit to the RCM to a later date.
- Call 204-984-1144 to make a reservation as we are limiting occupancy at our facility.
- Guests must wear face masks.
- Keep your family unit together, keep children within reach at all times.
- Practice physical distancing, please remain two metres away from others.
- Please bring your own strollers and wheelchairs.
- Limiting occupancy numbers in the boutique and on tours.
- Limiting the number of guided tours per day.
- Mandatory hand sanitizing for all guests entering the facility.
- Limiting elevator access to one person or one family at a time.
- Food or drinks are not permitted in the facility.