Royal Canadian Mint
520 Lagimodiere Boulevard
Winnipeg, MB R2J 3E7
Toll free: 1-877-974-6468
Join one of our friendly tour guides (English or French) for a walk through the newly-renovated tour area featuring interactive coin displays. Discover how the Mint has made over 55 billion coins for more than 75 countries around the world. Learn how massive strips of metal meet 50-ton presses to produce over 1000 coins per second.
The onsite Boutique offers beautiful collector coins and the adjacent interactive coin museum involves the visitor in unique learning activities including the ability to strike your own token and the opportunity to lift and hold a pure gold bar worth over $800,000.
Date: Monday to Sunday (Summer)
Tuesday to Saturday (Winter/Spring)
Duration: 45 minutes
Time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Admission: $3 - $20
Reservations are strongly recommended.
Covid-19 special operating procedures:
- Before your visit to the Royal Canadian Mint, please complete Manitoba's COVID-19 online screening tool to assess whether you are healthy. If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, please schedule your visit to the RCM to a later date.
- Call 204-984-1144 to make a reservation as we are limiting occupancy at our facility. Check-in at the outdoor tent (weather permitting) 10 minutes before your tour, and wait outside until your tour is called by your guide.
- Guests are welcome to wear face masks.
- Keep your family unit together, keep children within reach at all times.
- Practice physical distancing, please remain two metres away from others.
- Please bring your own strollers and wheelchairs.
- Limiting occupancy numbers in the boutique and on tours.
- Limiting the number of guided tours per day and spacing them out.
- Mandatory hand sanitizing for all guests entering the facility.
- Limiting elevator access to one person or one family at a time.
- Food or drinks are not permitted in the facility.