31 reasons to stay at Fairmont Winnipeg this August
“30 days has September, April, June and November….” Thank goodness August has 31 because you’ll need every single day to check out all the incredible food, amenities, and attractions Fairmont Winnipeg, downtown's luxury hotel, has to offer.
Food and Beverage
1. Grab a Back Door Burger, house-made kettle chips, and a drink for $15 every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. at the, you guessed it, back door of the hotel.
2. Pop in for happy hour at the Lounge at Fairmont, the city’s number one rated lounge, featuring $5 highballs, $8 glasses of wine, $10 cocktails and rotating selection of local craft beer.
3. Try the fresh beet salad off the internationally-acclaimed Velvet Glove Restaurant’s summer menu.
4. Pull up the curated Caesar cart during Sunday brunch at the Velvet Glove Restaurant to create your own twist on this classic cocktail.
5. Tuck in to some Back Door BBQ – weekly specials can include slow-roasted ribs or smoked sausages – every Tuesday at 11:30 a.m.
6. Pour a cuppa LOT35 Tea. With eight different varieties, including Creamy Earl Grey, Kyushu Japan Sencha, Oregon Mint, Egyptian Camomile, and Bella Coola Punch, you’re are sure to and find the perfect one to start your morning.
7. Enjoy dining par excellence while in your PJs. The Fairmont’s in-room dining offerings pull from the best of Velvet Glove’s menu so your experience parallels that of pulling up a chair in the actual restaurant.
8. Elevate you dining experience by going gold. The Fairmont Gold Lounge serves a daily complimentary hot continental breakfast, as well as cocktail canapés nightly. The Fairmont Gold Honour Bar is laid out with a wide selection of local and global spirits, featuring garnishes and ingredients for a plethora of classic cocktails.
9. Bring your best furry friend. Fairmont Winnipeg is pet friendly, ensuring Fido has just as luxurious an experience as human guests.
10. Take two wheels to explore downtown. LeClub AccorHotel members enjoy complimentary use of BMW bicycles to explore the city.
11. Soak your cares away in the hotel’s salt water pool on the 21st floor.
12. Get some new gear. LeClub AccorHotel members enjoy complimentary use of Reebok fitness apparel delivered directly to your guest room.
13. Have your best sleep ever. Fairmont is world-renowned for their beds which feature deluxe duvets, feather and down pillows, and Sealy pillow-top mattress.
14. Feel the heat in Fairmont’s dry sauna; a perfect urban oasis getaway activity.
15. Pamper yourself with Le Labo’s Rose 31 specialty bathroom amenities, enriched with vitamin E, olive leaf extract, aloe vera, and flaxseed extract for soft, lightly-scented skin.
16. Take in the amazing views of Canadian Museum for Human Rights, and The Forks from Fairmont’s fitness centre.
17. Kiss & wake up. For couples looking to reconnect, Fairmont offers a special overnight stay package complete with in-room sparkling wine and chocolate-covered strawberries and a lavish breakfast in bed or in the Velvet Glove Restaurant after a restful sleep.
18. Get your buzz on with premium coffee offerings. Fairmont rooms feature Keurig machines with a selection of roasts, while Fairmont Gold Rooms pour single shot from a Nespresso single serve.
19. Stand on the iconic corner of Portage and Main, just steps from the hotel’s entrance, and feel the “breeze” (it’s often said it’s the windiest intersection in Canada).
20. Spend a better part of a day taking in the 11 powerful, interactive and awe-inspiring exhibits at the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, a five minute walk from Fairmont.
21. Explore The Forks, a historic meeting place than now serves as a hub for food lovers, shoppers, history buffs, and nature lovers. There’s almost too much to do to list, so click here. The Forks is just a five-minute walk from Fairmont.
22. Spend the afternoon wandering the 20 blocks of the Exchange District, a unique area that combines heritage buildings with the trendiest tech start-ups, art galleries, restaurants, and shops. The District starts right behind Fairmont's backdoors.
23. Experience some francophone flavour as you walk over the iconic Esplanade Riel into St. Boniface, the city’s French Quarter, and visit the must-see St. Boniface Cathedral Basilica -- a 10-15 minute walk from Fairmont.
24. See what’s playing at the Bell MTS Place, the city’s cornerstone for sports (home of the Winnipeg Jets and Manitoba Moose) and world-class concerts. 10-15 walk; five minute cab ride.
25. Catch a pop fly, watch Goldie dance, and enjoy a craft beer at Shaw Park, home of the Winnipeg Goldeyes baseball team, steps away from the hotel.
26. Have your breath taken away by the grace, pose, and talent of Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet, Canada’s oldest ballet company. Just a few blocks from the hotel.
27. Feel the music at Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra, which features a wide range of experiences including a classical repertoire, pops concerts, kid’s concerts, and even movie score nights. Five minutes from Fairmont.
29. Book a spa day at Thermëa – just 20 minutes from Fairmont. This package includes a special room rate at Fairmont, use of their fluffy robes at the spa, and entry into the luxuriant Scandinavian spa.
30. Take a Journey to Churchill and come nose to nose with a polar bear. Along with staying at Fairmont, this package provides admission for everyone staying in the room to the Assiniboine Park Zoo’s Journey to Churchill (and not to mention a polar bear cookie). Bonus, until August 31 the hotel will donate $10 from every package to the Assiniboine Park Conservancy's Polar Bear Rescue & Care Team.
31. Experience all of this no matter what the month! To book your stay visit www.fairmont.com/winnipeg