Up next in our holiday shopping guide extravaganza are the most important people on your list: the kids. What would Christmas morning be without the pitter patter of little feet as they race towards the tree and start tearing into festive paper and bows?
So, here are my picks for some Winnipeg experiences that will get kids excited:
1. What could be better than unlimited access to the Children's Museum? A yearly pass gets you in whenever you want and comes with great discounts on special events. It's hard not to feel like a kid no matter what your age when you're climbing the pepperoni at the Lasagne Lookout.
2. Keeping in the theme of year-round fun. The Manitoba Museum is perfect for young minds at any stage. Take the kids to the Science Museum or the Planetarium for a day of adventure, or invest in a membership so the learning never has to stop.
3. Get them moving with a day at Adrenaline Adventures where zorbing, cable snowboarding and snow tubing make for fun in the snow.
4. Toad Hall Toys offers wall to wall treasures including games, books, puzzles, models, art supplies, puppets and so much more. You can't go wrong with anything here.
5. Get their curiosity and their coin collection started at The Royal Canadian Mint. Start with a tour and then pick up a shiny souvenir to put in the stocking.
6. Go Jets! Get them outfitted in their favourite team's colours at the Winnipeg Jets store with pint sized jerseys and t-shirts. (I'm sure a few game tickets wouldn't go amiss either.)
7. It's non stop action at Lasertopia where kids can run wild. Book an afternoon of fluorescent fun and be a hero this holiday season.
8. Pick out a top-of-the-line skateboard and all the kit for them to use at The Forks Skatepark Plaza.
9. The Assiniboine Park Zoo is open all year long. The animals love visitors even in winter, so bundle up and head out for an afternoon of exploring. Make a stop at the Tundra Grill for playtime and a snack (and perhaps a stuffed polar bear from the gift shop).
10. Get their creative side working with the gift of an acting class at Manitoba Theatre for Young People.
Only in The Peg Chronicles the adventures of the peg family–Missus, Mister and Lil’ Peg as they discover everything there is to see and do in Winnipeg. Follow them at @tourismwpg on Twitter or visit them on Facebook. For even more info on Winnipeg, visit www.tourismwinnipeg.com.