Continuing from last week, up next we've got another great list of gift ideas to experience Winnipeg, this time in the theme of prezzies for him. Whether it's dad, your brother or your better half, these ideas are sure to wow him come December 25.
1. I think this might be pretty obvious, but tickets to a Jets game could never go amiss. Sweeten the deal with a jersey featuring his favourite player's moniker from the pro shop.
2. Let him channel that inner train nerd with a trip to the Winnipeg Railway Museum. Housed inside VIA Station, this ode to all things that go choo choo is a train lover's dream. Continue on the transportation theme with a visit to the Western Canadian Aviation Museum.
3. Take to the skies (or at least the 28th floor) at Prairie 360 where a sleek and suave whisky lounge complete with bison heads and wingback chairs is the perfect backdrop to a boozy evening. A gift certificate so he can sample a bevy of exotic beverages wouldn't go amiss in his stocking.
4. Give him the gift of activity at Adrenaline Adventures where cable snowboarding and snow tubing are all on the thrill seekers menu.
5. For the deep thinker in your life, the MTC Master Playwright Festival features the works of Stephen Sondheim this January. Gift him with an all event pass so he can take in every minute of the action.
6. Unleash his inner James Bond at Thomas Hinds Tobacconist where high-end cigars rule the roost.
7. Dress him up in style with threads from Handford Drewitt. What guy doesn't need a new pair of socks and/or tie?
8. While the white stuff is on the ground, he can still work on his swing at The Golf Dome. A bucket of balls or two is the perfect way to his heart this holiday.
9. For the movie buff, a night out at the VIP Cinemas is a perfect gift. Sit back to the action of Captain Phillips as you enjoy a cold one at this 18+ cinema experience.
10. And finally, beer and dine him with a gift certificate to Barley Brothers--Winnipeg's first craft brew pub.
Only in The Peg Chronicles the adventures of the peg family–Missus, Mister and Lil’ Peg as they discover everything there is to see and do in Winnipeg. Follow them at @tourismwpg on Twitter or visit them on Facebook. For even more info on Winnipeg, visit www.tourismwinnipeg.com.