Just because summer is over and it's getting a little cooler out, it doesn't mean you can't keep enjoying the stunning outdoor spaces Winnipeg has to offer.
Take in this list of restaurants where you can enjoy Winnipeg's varied dining scene, while also enjoying some of the most spectacular and inspiring views of the city from the inside.
Ten Restaurants with a view in Winnipeg
- Admire the verdant lawns of Assiniboine Park at fine dining eatery Terrace in the Park where steak and seafood grace the evening menu and one of the city's most fabulous brunches (complete with complimentary mimosa) awaits on Sundays.
- Live like the 1% do with premium steaks and a stunning view of Assiniboine River at 529 Wellington. Don't miss the blueberry bread pudding for dessert. In fact, order two.
- Head up for a bird’s eye view of the Exchange District at the contemporary chic 12 Resto Bar located inside the Radisson Downtown Winnipeg.
- The revolving restaurant at the top of Fort Garry Place gets new life when it opens next week as Prairie 360. The contemporary menu will feature wild game and a round about view of the city. It doesn't get better than this.
- Just underneath Prairie 360, two floors down, a whisky bar and piano bar will also soon open. Plates are for sharing, drinks are for savouring and the view of the Provencher Bridge and Canadian Museum for Human Rights is unparalleled.
- Traditional spice and heat are on the menu at Bangkok Thai, which overlooks busting Osborne Village.
- Catch a baseball game at Clay Oven as you get lost in the heady flavours and aromas of north Indian cuisine.
- Watch the action in Old Market Square at the trendy Peasant Cookery where oyster nights, a rustic French menu and impressive wine list are on offer.
- Wildlife and nature meet regional eats at FortWhyte Alive’s Buffalo Stone Café. Belly warming soups, hearty sandwiches and sugary treats are served up with a side of adventure.
- And finally, no scenic dining experience could be complete without a visit to Chez Sophie sur le Pont. North America's only restaurant on a bridge spans the soaring Esplanade Riel and overlooks the Red River, The Forks and St. Boniface for the perfect good-for-the-eyes-and-stomach dining experience.
Only in The Peg Chronicles the adventures of the peg family–Missus, Mister and Lil’ Peg as they discover everything there is to see and do in Winnipeg. Follow them at @tourismwpg on Twitter or visit them onFacebook. For even more info on Winnipeg, visit www.tourismwinnipeg.com.