It's been a while since I've done a good list, and with the cool fall breezes in the air this week, I'm in the mood for cozy sweaters and soft leather boots.
This is my favourite time of year with the crisp mornings and turning leaves and bright blue skies and sunny afternoons.
It's a time of rejuvenation, when kids go back to school and those chaotic days of summer give way to a new schedule. On the horizon are Thanksgiving and Christmas and the first snows.
Am I getting a bit too sentimental here?
Okay, really, my favourite thing about fall is the clothes. So without further ado, here are my top 10 picks for places to dress yourself and your family for a stylish leap into fall 2013.
- Hit the malls to for all the hottest brands from Banana Republic to Club Monaco to Banana Republic (I'm pretty excited about this, as you can tell) at Polo Park, St. Vital Centre, Kildonan Place and cityplace.
- Escape to Osborne Village and to Rooster for the best shoes and boots this side of Portage Avenue.
- Fashionistas flock to Out of the Blue for pretty party dresses and vintage-style accessories.
- Browse delicate silver jewellery designed by Hilary Druxman at her namesake boutique.
- Dress your dapper gentleman in designer threads from Hanford Drewitt.
- Top your lid with cute, quirky and whimsical hats from The Haberdashery.
- Ensure your kids look as good as you do (at least for a few minutes) with cute and cool shoes and clothes from Toto n Dot.
- Men can don dress shoes worthy of any life-changing affair with Jose and Markham.
- Channel your inner fashion week expert with top-name lines at Luxe Label.
- Since kids grow out of everything in a flash, head to Itty Bitty Outlet Store for wholesale deals.
Only in The Peg Chronicles the adventures of the peg family–Missus, Mister and Lil’ Peg as they discover everything there is to see and do in Winnipeg. Follow them at @tourismwpg on Twitter or visit them on Facebook. For even more info on Winnipeg, visit www.tourismwinnipeg.com.