So, you might start to notice something about me--I really love a good list. Whether it's a grocery list, naughty list or a top 10 list, I can't get enough of lists. (You might also notice I'm just a wee bit Type A.)
Thus, as a regular feature here at Only in the Peg, you're going to get some lists. And since I like a good cohesive theme, they're going to have that as well.
Without further ado, I present my top 10 picks for places to relax and rejuvenate in Winnipeg:
- Fulfill your childhood goal of becoming a ballerina with barre classes at Moksha Yoga (don't pretend you didn't want to be a ballerina at some point in your life).
- Work on that swing (and those vocal chords warning people about errant balls if you're anything like me) at emerald-hued golf courses throughout the city.
- Fill up your grocery basket with organic products from Vita Health, Organza and Tea Story (where they also have waffles, which maybe isn't super healthy... but... it's waffles.)
- Wash away the stress of the day with a soak in the Dead Sea Salt mineral bath at Urban Oasis Mineral Spa.
- Get the blood pumping with a TRX fitness class at Yoga Public. It might resemble a medieval torture chamber, but man, it's a great workout.
- Give over to relaxation with an indigenous hot stone massage from Riverstone Spa. (This is your reward for exercising. So are the waffles.)
- Sit in tranquil contemplation amongst the flora and fauna of the Leo Mol Scuplture Garden.
- Lounge in luxury at the Turkish Hamam at Ten Spa where you get water thrown on you and salt rubbed on you and it's way more relaxing than I'm making it sound.
- Recharge your day with the city’s best veggie burger loaded with heart-healthy ingredients at the Underground Café (and chase it down with a fresh-baked cookie, but shh, you didn't hear that from me).
- Get in touch with nature and your inner David Suzuki with a walk through Assiniboine Forest.