From the graceful glide of ice skates on local ponds to the rhythmic swooshing of cross-country skis on groomed tracks, Winnipeg sets the stage for winter adventures that defy the cold.
But this city isn't just accustomed to winter –– it's acclaimed for mastering it. As an accredited winter city, Winnipeg is all about activities that transform snow and ice into invitations for outdoor enthusiasts.
Skating in Winnipeg | Our top spots
Skate along one of the world's longest natural ice trails, or glide across picturesque duck ponds that embody the city's winter charm.
- The Forks - Nestaweya River trail, land skating trails and Canopy rink
- Assiniboine Park - Riley Family Duck Pond
- St. Vital Park and Kildonan Park - Winnipeg's best skating ponds
- Old Market Square - well-lit rink in front of The Cube
Sledding in Winnipeg | Our top spots
We kid you not, Winnipeg has numerous sledding experiences, including thrilling slides and adventurous slopes for all ages.
- FortWhyte Alive - The Richardson Rrrun
- St. Vital Park - Manitoboggan slide
- Westview Park - Garbage Hill
Skiing in Winnipeg | Our top spots
Glide through hidden gems in local neighbourhoods or on bustling park pathways.
Snowshoe hikes in Winnipeg | Our top spots
Feel the crunch of snow underneath your feet as you stomp along frozen rivers, lakes and wetlands. Winnipeg's snowshoe spots offer rentals, warm-ups, maps and more.
Snow much more | Our must-do activities
You can't miss these winter adventures in Winnipeg!