To celebrate our placement on TIME's list, we want to see your top reason why Winnipeg is one of TIME magazine's "World's Greatest Places." You are invited to share a brief (30 sec max) video showcasing your favourite thing in the city on Instagram (either in stories, reels or on your grid).
How to enter:
1. Create a short video letting us know why you think Winnipeg is one of the world’s greatest places (under 30 seconds please)
2. Post it to your Instagram feed between November 29 to December 31, 2021 (must have public profile).
3. Tag @tourismwinnipeg and use hashtag #21reasonswpg
The top 21 videos will be featured and entered to win the ultimate Winnipeg Prize Pack valued over $500, including a hotel stay!
Winner will be announced January 7, 2022 on Tourism Winnipeg’s Instagram. *Not affiliated with Instagram.
Some examples of the types of posts would include: going on camera to describe your favourite place in Winnipeg; standing in front of your favourite place and telling us why it's the greatest; or creating a video that shows us why Winnipeg rocks and should be on everyone's list to visit.
1. The TIME contest (the “Contest”) provides residents of Canada who have attained the age of majority in their jurisdiction with a chance to win a Winnipeg Prize Package (“the Prize”).
2. This Contest is being administered by Tourism Winnipeg and all information collected will belong to Tourism Winnipeg only.
3. The Contest begins at 12:00 p.m. CT on November 29, 2021, and closes at 11:59:00 p.m. CT on December 31, 2021.
4. Contestants may enter the Contest an unlimited number of times by posting to their Instagram account using the hashtag #21reasonswpg and tagging Tourism Winnipeg (@tourismwinnipeg) in the post.
5. Instagram account must be public.
6. Only entries dated between November 29 - December 31, 2021 will be eligible to win.
7. Contest winners will be selected by January 7, 2022. The winners will be contacted on the platform where their entry is posted.
8. If video is selected, winners must submit original, high-resolution video which will be shared on Tourism Winnipeg's social channels.
9. If, after a reasonable attempt has been made to contact the winners without success, a new winner will be chosen.
10. The contest is open to all legal residents of Canada, except employees of Economic Development Winnipeg and Travel Manitoba, who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction. Proof of age will be required.