Teddy Bears' Picnic
May 31,2020 (Virtual)
Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba (CHFM) will host Teddy Bears’ Picnic Gone Virtual.
The event will be a day full of fun at home for families and include physical activities, at-home crafts and scavenger hunts, entertainment features and special video segments from the Dr. Goodbear Clinic and I Want to be a Scientist tent experts.
The virtual event takes place in posts on the CHFM Facebook page @chfmanitoba. Simply tune in on May 31 for all the action including:
- Videos on how to set up your picnic space at home
- Healthy picnic snacks to make
- How to wash your hands and keep your stuffed animal safe
- How to make your teddy bear a cast or bandage its boo boo
- At-home experiments from scientists at Children’s Hospital Research Institute of Manitoba
- A special episode of The Good Day Show, which airs on CHTV – the hospital’s closed circuit TV station for kids in hospital
While the 34th annual outdoor Teddy Bears’ Picnic at Assiniboine Park was cancelled per guidelines to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the community, we hope you’ll join us for Teddy Bears’ Picnic Gone Virtual – a fun, free event for families at home that includes health education for kids!