Lower Fort Garry National Historic Site of Canada
5925 Highway 9
St. Andrews, MB R1A 4A8
Toll free: 1-888-773-8888
History unfolds before your eyes at this restored 19th-century fort where costumed staff recreate the 1850s in the Red River Valley. Come and meet the governor of the Hudson’s Bay Company as he strolls through his garden, barter with the company clerk, sit in a teepee and listen to the whispers of ancient legends. Motorized access for mobility challenged visitors is available. The site is open to groups for tours or meetings by pre-registration.
Heritage Adventure Parties at Lower Fort Garry
Choose your own birthday party adventure at Lower Fort Garry National Historic Site! Train as a North West Mounted Police officer, take tea time etiquette lessons as a member of the upper class, or learn how to have fun like a fur trader. Best suited for kids ages 6-12.
- Availability: May - September
- Length: 2 hours
- Fee: $161.70 (for group up to 12 children, including birthday child. Larger groups may be accommodated, though price may vary. Call 204-675-6050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a quote and book your party.)
- For more information, visit pc.gc.ca/fortgarry/birthday
Say 'Lower Fort Garry'! - ESL program
Are you learning English as a second or foreign language? Put your skills to the test at Lower Fort Garry! Through a fact-finding and photo-taking scavenger hunt, you will have the chance to roam the grounds, interview historic characters and explore the impressive old stone fort.
- Length: 2 hours
- Fee: $4.90 per person
- Call 204-785-6050 or email email@example.com to book
- Visit https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/lhn-nhs/mb/fortgarry/activ/edu/esl for more information
Historic Trades Workshops at Lower Fort Garry
Gets hands-on with history! Bake bannock. Craft candles. Make chocolate. Try your hand at one of Lower Fort Garry’s heritage workshops and enjoy the delicious rewards of your labour!
- Book your workshop today: 204-785-6050.
- For more information visit: https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/lhn-nhs/mb/fortgarry/activ/interpretation/atelier-workshop