866 Rue Saint Joseph
Toll free: 877.889.7692
Visit historical Fort Gibraltar and witness the fascinating history through the eyes of the voyageurs that lived it! Costumed interpreters transport you back in time to the exciting age of the fur trade. Tour a reconstructed 19th century fort and discover the diverse cast of characters that call it home.
Self-guided tours available
Date: Tuesday to Saturday from July 21st to August 29th, 2020
Time: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Admission: Pay what you can
Covid-19 special operating procedures:
- We encourage all visitors to wear a mask. Complimentary masks will be available at the entrance;
- Upon arrival, a Fort Gibraltar employee will ask screening questions to evaluate your risk level;
- Fort Gibraltar reserves the right to refuse admission to the following people:
- Those who have been in contact with someone that is confirmed to have COVID-19;
- Those who have been notified that they were in a high risk setting for COVID-19 in the past 14 days (e.g., on a plane or at an event);
- Those who have travelled outside of Manitoba in the past 14 days;
- Those showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Fort Gibraltar reserves the right to remove visitors not respecting safety measures;
- 2m social distancing will be enforced for visitors not from the same household;
- Only one group will be allowed at a time in indoor spaces;
- Visitors may not touch objects or artifacts inside cabins;
- Debit and credit payments are encouraged. We accept tap payments and clean the terminal after every payment;
- We ask that visitors please bring their own water bottles;
- bathrooms and public surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized frequently every day.