Dalnavert Museum and Visitors’ Centre
Tucked downtown between Broadway and Assiniboine Avenue, Dalnavert Museum and Visitors’ Centre hides among apartment blocks in what was once a posh residential neighbourhood for Winnipeg’s upper-middle class. Built in 1895 for Sir Hugh John Macdonald and his family, the Queen Anne Revival style home has been lavishly restored to reflect the late-Victorian grandeur of a prominent Winnipeg household. Stop by for a tour of the house or to walk through our beautiful heritage garden. The sustainably built Visitors’ Centre surrounding the house features a gift shop and special event space for exhibits and private functions.
Please call for hours.