Terms & Conditions
- For the purpose of this contest the term "Images" shall mean any and all images, photographs, depictions or likenesses either in digital format or otherwise submitted to Tourism Winnipeg, a department of Economic Development Winnipeg Inc. for inclusion in this contest.
- Tourism Winnipeg has the photographer’s permission to use any and all submitted Images for promotional use.
- Photographer grants Tourism Winnipeg the right to store, display, use the Images and publish finalist and winning Images in all printed and multimedia promotional material indefinitely without the right of the photographer to inspect or approve the final product, including on the Tourism Winnipeg website for the use of promoting Tourism Winnipeg and the City of Winnipeg. Rights granted may be non-exclusive. Tourism Winnipeg may offer the Images to the media, other non-profit organizations for the promotion of the organization or the City of Winnipeg, and to other organizations for the promotion of the city.
- Photographer shall not receive any compensation for the winning Images other than the stipulated prizes for the contest.
- Tourism Winnipeg has the sole discretion to select the winning Images to crop, edit or otherwise alter the Images as well as remove any Images from its website.
- Images will not be accepted that are determined to be offensive, obscene, provocative or otherwise inappropriate in nature. Tourism Winnipeg reserves the right to refuse any photograph that they define as unacceptable.
- Photographer certifies that the Images submitted are their original work and they have never been copyrighted or, if copyrighted that the photographer is the sole copyright owner.
- Photographer must ensure that they have the written permission of any recognizable model or person in the Images to grant Tourism Winnipeg the right to publish their Images in print media, multimedia and on websites of Tourism Winnipeg and other organizations approved by Tourism Winnipeg and they will produce the written permission upon request.
- The submission of public domain Images is prohibited.
- Copyright of the Images remain the property of the photographer. A credit will be provided under your Images. Photographer waives the moral rights to the Images in order to permit its use by Tourism Winnipeg.
- Photographer shall indemnify and hold Tourism Winnipeg harmless if the photographer has misrepresented that he/she is the sole owner of the Images or that they have received the written permission of a recognizable model or person to be included in the Images.
- Tourism Winnipeg reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value to the advertised prize should it become unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control.
- The photographer must be at least 18 years of age to enter the contest.
- Employees of Tourism Winnipeg and our contest partners are not eligible to enter.
- Tourism Winnipeg and its shareholders, directors, officers and employees do not accept any liability whatsoever for any or all information contained on the website and with regards to this contest.
Before registering as a contestant, please read the following Terms and Conditions.