This year, impress those on your list with the gift of a membership!
Not only does it support Winnipeg’s most beloved attractions and help ensure they'll be here to enjoy for years to come, but as a member, you get a ton of totally cool benefits!
From unlimited admission to local and national museums, discounts on birthday parties, free equipment rentals and much more, gifting someone a membership is both a worthy and worthwhile way to show you care.
Best of all, Winnipeg’s attractions make it super easy to give memberships to the people you love. Most have a gift card option right on their websites, while others are happy to accommodate membership gifts when requested.
There are so many great benefits to each of the following seven memberships. Let’s look at the highlights of each.
WAG memberships are the perfect gift for people with a passion for art, architecture and culture. The WAG has a few different options for memberships in anticipation of the 2021 opening of Qaumajuq.
Friend members receive unlimited admission to the WAG. For Qaumajuq’s inaugural year, the Friend membership is free for those 25 and under.
The Friends with Benefits membership helps fuel programming that allows WAG-Qaumajuq to be free for youth and Indigenous people, supporting reconciliation and nurturing the future of art and culture in the community. They enjoy the same perks as Friends, as well as:
- Early ticket/registration for select events and programs
- Discounts at shopWAG, cafe (opening 2021) and select programming
- Access to exhibition previews and special guided tours, including exclusive digital content
- Subscription to myWAG magazine
Perfect for any age, a Zoo membership offers unlimited opportunity to interact with animal species throughout the award-winning exhibits and programming. Open year-round, with over 80 park-like acres to explore, the Zoo is an educational classroom like no other.
Child, family and adult memberships are available. Member benefits include:
- One year of unlimited admission
- Collector magnet
- 10 per cent discount on Zoo admission and one free voucher for member guests
- 10 per cent discount at Park and Zoo restaurants, concessions and retail locations
- 10 per cent discount on programs, workshops, camps and birthday party packages
- Pre-sale access to special event ticket sales
- Invitations to member-exclusive experiences at the Park and Zoo
- 50 per cent discounted admission at participating Association of Zoos & Aquarium-accredited facilities
At the Manitoba Museum, visitors can explore a 17th-century replica ship, stroll through fields and forests and hear the stories that shaped our province from ancient to contemporary times. The Planetarium shares the wonders of the universe as visitors gaze at the night sky, while you can also learn of the latest space discoveries and follow the developments of the space program.
Membership pricing is available for seniors, couples, families, students, youth, adults and grandchildren add-ons. Member benefits include:
- One year of unlimited admission to museum and planetarium
- Access to free virtual field trips and member exclusive virtual educational content
- Complimentary Admission Passes for first-time members to share with family or friends
- Invitations to member-only events and early bird ticket access to public events
- On Grandparents Day, members can bring their grandparents or grandchildren for free
- Special pricing on public programs, course registrations and temporary exhibitions
- Free on-site library access (by appointment only)
- Free or discounted admission to 30+ science centres and museums across Canada through the CASC and ANHMC reciprocal agreements
At FortWhyte Alive, 660 acres of forests, lakes and trails are home to bison, whitetail deer, waterfowl, and countless other wildlife. Each season offers a new experience, with winter's ice fishing and tobogganing, summer's hiking and bird watching, and fall's spectacular waterfowl migration. Explore the land by bike or snowshoe, or opt for the open water in a canoe or rowboat.
Memberships (pricing available for students, adults, seniors and families) to FortWhyte Alive help support the centre’s programming and contribute to environmental education and stewardship. For a family of four, a membership pays for itself with just four visits. FortWhyte Alive has a ton of impressive perks for its members, including:
- One year of unlimited museum admission
- Fishing fee waived and complimentary seasonal gear (binoculars, snowshoes, Nordic walking poles, family adventure bags)
- Discount on seasonal rentals (fishing equipment, cruiser bikes, canoes and rowboats, little buggies)
- Special member pricing on experiences and workshops
- 10 per cent discount on select items in The Nature Shop
- Complimentary family pass to share with friends and family
- Discounts on facility rentals
- 10 per cent discount on birthday parties at The Children’s Museum and Oak Hammock Marsh
Canadian Museum for Human Rights
An ambitious museum meant to foster dialogue and promote change for a better world, the CMHR provides a stirring account of the human experience through 11 powerful, interactive and awe-inspiring exhibits.
The annual base membership (pricing available for students, adults, seniors, couples and families) offers unlimited admission to galleries and special pricing for temporary exhibits, programs and tours. Additional member benefits include:
- 10 per cent discount on base memberships for non-Manitobans
- Invitations to members-only events and activities
- Pre-purchase and early registration for museum activities and special events
- 10 per cent Boutique discount (In store and online)
- 20 per cent discount on Boutique member shopping days
- 10 per cent discount at ERA Bistro
- Up to four hours of free parking while visiting the museum
- 20 per cent discount on admission to the Royal BC Museum
With 12 permanent galleries, innovative temporary exhibitions, and a variety of drop-in programs, workshops and special events, the Children’s Museum is a place for learning and fun, and a museum membership makes an excellent gift for young families. Membership benefits include:
- One year of unlimited museum admission
- One free member guest pass
- Free access to over 25 Science Centres across Canada
- Exclusive invitations and pre-sale offers for special events
- 10 per cent discount on birthday parties, day camps, museum rentals and shop items
Trek the nature trails, take a guided tour, go canoeing, view wildlife, enjoy a meal in the café and check out the fun, interactive exhibits. A membership to the Interpretive Centre makes a great gift for nature enthusiasts of all ages. Your support helps ensure that the Interpretive Centre can continue sharing the importance of wetlands with visitors and students, and preserve the wonderful biodiversity of the marsh. Membership benefits include:
- One year of unlimited admission
- Invitations to special events
- 10 per cent discount in the Marsh Shop
- Discounts on workshops, canoe and wagon rides
- Discounts on winter, spring and summer camps for kids
- Discounted guest admission passes
It’s also worth mentioning that most of these attractions have reciprocal agreements on discounted memberships, meaning holding a membership at one gets you discounted memberships at others. Visit each organizational website for more details.