Nomination Process & Guidelines
2017 Winnipeg Tourism Awards of Distinction
Nominations for the 2017 Winnipeg Tourism Awards of Distinction will be accepted until the end of business day March 1, 2017.
- Nominations will only be accepted via the online forms prior to the deadline date.
- Nominations must adhere to the general eligibility criteria and category-specific criteria.
- Nominations must be original each year.
- Nominees can submit multiple applications if nominating more than one candidate.
- Nominees can be self-nominated or nominated by another party.
- The tourism-related product or service must have been offered within the 2016 calendar year.
Tourism Winnipeg reserves the right to re-categorize or reject nominations that do not meet these rules or criteria, or the spirit of the awards program.
The judging committee will be selected from among the names submitted, and will consist of persons who are not associated with the nomination process or any of the nominees. Judges are expected to declare any conflicts of interest.
Nominations will be reviewed and scored using an award administration package. Tourism Winnipeg will perform a preliminary screening for completeness and eligibility and a shortlist will be presented to the judges. The judges will evaluate the responses based on the categories and criteria listed below.
The nomination process and judging process for the Winnipeg Tourism Award of Distinction for Lifetime Achievement and the Winnipeg Tourism Influencer of the Year are different from the other awards. These awards will be appointed by the President and CEO of Economic Development Winnipeg.
For more information, please contact: