Cookin': Dinner and a Show *** POSTPONED***
Breeze & the Nu-Frequency Band
West End Cultural Centre, 586 Ellice Avenue, Winnipeg
Starts: 5:30pm until 8:30pm
Tickets: $60.00 at advance outlets
October 23, 2020, 5:30pm until 8:30pm
His Guyanese heritage, early life in London, England, and immigration to Canada as a youth all helped make Breeze the artist he’s become. Although he is the younger brother of singing star Eddy Grant (Electric Avenue, Gimme Hope Johanna), Breeze has been forging his own career independently from the start. He’s a self-taught musician who started by playing in local bands and later toured Canada, the US, Europe and Asia. In the 90s Breeze co-founded production and independent label Steel Hipp Records, which continues to operate in Japan. He has been privileged to share the stage with many industry greats, including opening for James Brown and Motown Records’ The Funk Brothers. Breeze also has several international and local production credits to his name, including a production credit on Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm’s platinum-selling debut album, and has been a touring musician for many recording artists. He operates BatCave Recording Studio in Winnipeg where he continues to produce and create music for artists of all genres.
Located across the street from the West End Cultural Centre, Feast Bistro was the obvious first choice for this partnership. As a pillar of the West End community, the menu at feast features modern dishes rooted in traditional First Nation food. The staff at the WECC love Feast as much as the West End community does, and when we brought the idea to them, they were immediately interested in the partnership.
The WECC has a number of protocols in place to promote a safe show:
- Masks will be mandatory, as directed by Manitoba Public Health
- Up to 50 tickets will be sold per show
- Social distancing will be strictly enforced
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at the front entrance and exit as well as outside our washroom
- Please stay home if you're experiencing any COVID-19, cold or flu symptoms (even if minor)
- Please stay home if you're waiting for results from a COVID-19 test or have been in contact with someone with COVID