2017 Canada Summer Games
Welcome to the sporty city of Winnipeg!
When you are not cheering on your athletes at their events (or perhaps even competing yourself), please follow our guides below to ensure you have the best of times while you are here.
- Our Top Ten Must-Sees will show you the biggest, best, and most-visited tourist attractions in and around the city.
- This special Canada Summer Games edition Winnipeg Pass provides a great deal when visiting multiple attractions!
- Consult our online Events Calendar. There is always something artistic happening in our city, be it live music, theatre, dance, or more… They don’t call us the “cultural cradle of Canada” for nothing!
- Looking for an easy way to get around? Winnipeg Transit has you covered for public transit routes to and from venues.
- And don’t forget the official 2017 Canada Games Website, which will give you all the dates, locations, and times of the events.
Discover some of the coolest spots in Winnipeg when you visit our diverse neighbourhoods section here. Use these guides to learn about all the shops, restaurants, and parks that make each area of the city so unique.
Follow our advice and we promise your stay will go along more swimmingly than all those athletes in the Pan Am Pool.
Your Canada Games venue checklist
Don't miss these amazing things to see, do, (and eat!) just footsteps from each Canada Games venue:
- Axworthy Health & RecPlex
- Bison Butte Mountain Bike Course
- Canada Games Sport for Life Centre
- Duckworth Centre
- Elmwood Giants Field
- Investors Group Athletic Centre
- John Blumberg Softball Complex
- Manitoba Canoe & Kayak Centre
- Pan Am Pool
- Ralph Cantafio Soccer Complex
- Red River Exhibition
- Sargent Park Beach Volleyball Centre
- Shaw Park
- Southwood Golf & Country Club
- University of Manitoba Stadium
- Whittier Park
- Winnipeg Lawn Tennis Club