Bring the city to life with your graphic design skills.
We’re looking for a candidate who can attract tourists and business to Winnipeg as Economic Development Winnipeg’s in-house graphic designer.
This exciting, diverse position will see you working in tandem with our Tourism Winnipeg, YES! Winnipeg, and Economic Development Winnipeg teams, using your design skills across multiple platforms for diverse audiences.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for designing internal sales and marketing materials and works closely with the staff to ensure strong visuals will reflect the messaging.
- Create all graphic design requirements including; sales collateral, bids, PowerPoint presentations, magazines, brochures, guides, displays, reports, and all marketing collateral for print and online;
- Respond to and track all image and video requests;
- Provide photo selection services for external and internal publications;
- Organize, maintain and build photographic library;
- Deliver high end design pieces (always ahead of the trends);
- Search and acquire new images and designs for on-going improvements;
- Maintain graphic standards and enforce brand integrity to ensure proper use of EDW’s brand;
- Assist with social media execution;
- Support Director of Marketing in ensuring all marketing projects are completed on time and with accuracy
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to think creatively and work well independently and within a team environment;
- Strong design skills with an eye for detail;
- Proficient in a mac environment;
- Proficient in all design programs (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office);
- Excellent project management skills;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong organizational skills;
- A team player with excellent communication skills to clearly present and interpret information and artwork design ideas in consultations with others;
- Sound knowledge of pre-press operations and modern printing technology and processes
- 3-5 years working as a graphic designer;
- Post-Secondary education; degree, diploma or certificate in Graphic Arts Design or comparable experience
Interested candidates can send resumes and samples of creative work to Cody Chomiak at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, November 2, 2016.
We thank all that apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.